Here is a shot of one of the Manatees that the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has!
On August 5th, I went to the Columbus Zoo and had the extraordinary pleasure to feed some of the giraffes they have! This one is a boy, and his name in Nitro. It was so much fun. We each got 3 pieces of lettuce to feed them, and they also had other food to snack on. It had been a long time since I fed a giraffe!
Hello everyone who reads this blog! How are you?
I am so excited to start going back to college in the Fall. I will be applying to some internships next summer, hopefully getting one as a docent or a zookeeper intern. I will let you all know as the year moves along!
Have a great day! (GREAT like Tony the Tiger!)
This is sad news. I read about Pattycake in a book a few months ago. This article made me cry. 😥
Tomorrow, April 8th, is Zoo Lover’s Day.
– It is estimated that over 600 million people visit zoos each year.
– There are more than 2,800 zoos and aquariums in the world.
– Germany has more zoos than any other country – 414!
– The US has more than 350 zoos. The total number of AZA accredited zoos and aquariums is 221.
– Over 30 US zoos have more than 1 million visitors a year. Disney’s Animal Kingdom has the most with 9.5 million visitors each year.
– The Philadelphia Zoo is the oldest zoo in the US. It opened on July 1, 1874.
– The oldest running zoo in the world is the Vienna Zoo in Schonbrunn. It was founded in 1752.
– With over 1,500 species, Germany’s Berlin Zoo has the largest…
View original post 41 more words
Zoo visitors love to watch the animals eat. Why? Maybe it is a shared connection or a chance to watch them doing what every sentient creature on earth does. Whether the animal is an omnivore, herbivore or carnivore we like to watch them eat. All of today’s photos were taken at the Central Park Zoo. If you have not seen this hilarious video about animals eating – check it out here:
This is so cute!
To celebrate my son’s six month (and wife’s) birthdays the family headed to the Central Park Zoo for a day of animals and other baby friendly activities. Would there be screaming, an animal attack, or general blow up? Oh, the possibilities when you have to travel uptown…
Planning: Well done. We had a ride with a car seat and bought our tickets online. Did you know you can do that? Lucky for us my wife did. If you have kids YOU NEED TO DO THIS! Walking into the zoo I looked over to my left and saw the ticket line, it was hundreds of people deep. There were screaming kids and worse, teenagers. We walked right in. I felt like a king, or Trump, or Busey, or someone awesome…
One thing about the zoo (especially Central Park’s zoo), they always try to get you with the picture up front. Anyway…
View original post 328 more words